Pacifica GT400 Pottery Wheel

Jewel

We recently purchased a Pacifica GT 400 Pottery Wheel off of CraigsList. The wheel works great but the belts broke. I believe we can purchase replacement belts from LagunaClay but I'm not sure how to install the belts once we have them. I removed the plate that covered the belts but it doesn't appear to have any way of adjusting the motor to get the belts on... Any suggestions??? Thanks for any help you can give us!!!

Jewel

We recently purchased a Pacifica GT 400 Pottery Wheel off of CraigsList. The wheel works great but the belts broke. I believe we can purchase replacement belts from LagunaClay but I'm not sure how to install the belts once we have them. I removed the plate that covered the belts but it doesn't appear to have any way of adjusting the motor to get the belts on... Any suggestions??? Thanks for any help you can give us!!!

Jewel

I can't tell you how many times I've seen this question posted about Pacifica wheels, but I have never seen an answer.

There's a guy - Tim See of Tim See Pots - who has Laguna Pacifica's in his studio, and seems to like them (he has a youtube video where he compares wheels and shows a Pacifica walking itself around while he tries to stop the wheel head, pretty powerful motor).

He's on the Pottery Basics yoohoo group, or google him and find his website that way (or do a search on YouTube, he gives his web address there)

I think he could be helpful, he seems to welcome questions from people.

Archived