Pacifica Wheel At Auction In Michigan

I'm in the market for a wheel and found this. It's in the wrong part of the country for me, maybe somebody here would like it though.

I'm a newbie here, I look forward to reading through the posts,

http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/browse/search?posting=y&slth=&page=0&sortBy=timeLeft&keyWord=Pottery+&catId=-1&endHours=-1&startHours=-1&lowerPrice=0&higherPrice=0&milesLocation=-1&zipCode=&region=&search=Search

• 1 month later...

I wish to thank you for your post.  

The wheel sold for around $160 I think. It was sold by a school that had changed instructors and their pottery equipment sat idle for many years.There also was a Skutt 1027-3 kiln for sale that was reported to not work.  As I already had a wheel I did not bid more than $150 for the wheel and lost out to a higher bid. However needing a kiln I also bid for it.  I got the seldom used, almost new, 10 year old kiln for $106 plus tax.  I did have to transport it home from Michigan to Oregon but I needed to be in the area at the right time anyway.  I was a happy camper!!!!

Yesterday I took the control box to Skutt (about an hour away for where I live) and got everything I needed to replace the burned out wires.  It was a simple task to replace the wires as Skutt makes it easy to work on the electronics. Total bill including the wires, seven peep plugs, and other stuff was $78.  Skutt was wonderful to work with and they even tossed in some extra parts for free. Had I asked, they probably would have done all the repairs for me at no charge. Now I need to get the electrical wiring installed in my garage studio and I will be a full service potter.

I often see kilns and wheels on the government auction website  (   http://www.publicsurplus.com/ )  and have purchased several items over the years but this was my best score by far.

Again thanks for letting us know.

Archived