Paragon Sentry "alarm" Error Code

DirtRoads

I can't find this error code in the trouble shooting guide or on the Paragon website.  I got this error last week after getting a FTH error.  Noticed a burnt spot on plug in.   Changed receptacle.  Checked elements and ends/connectors were so brittle they broke.  Replaced all 4 elements.   All elements were working.  Got to about 480 degrees and got the "Alarm" error code again.  Checked voltage and its 245 to 260.

I'm thinking I should probably change the plug but this looks like so much trouble. It's a Paragon TNF 27-3 ... 2.5 years old.  Used only to fire 05 bisque.

Any ideas as to what the "Alarm" error code is?

Sharon Grimes

ALAR Alarm 6, 10, 13 - 15, 20, 22 ALAR appears either when you are entering an alarm temperature or when the alarm is sounding during a firing. To stop an alarm, press any key except STOP. If the alarm goes off when you first begin firing, it is because it was set for a lower temperature than the present temperature.

http://www.paragonweb.com/files/manuals/acf13.pdf

Page 24.

Sounds like an alarm was set or something went wacky in the programming, and your hitting stop to turn it off, instead of any other key? I could be wrong but seems like everything is working fine. It says a firing will continue with the Alarm message going on.

Wow thanks.   I checked and sure enough the alarm had somehow been set to 479 degrees instead of my usual 9999.   I was only checking for error codes.  I think this will fix it.  I'll run it tomorrow.  I turned on one of my L&L's after I saw this.  I generally only run one kiln even though I have 200 amps available.

Thanks for finding and reading what I SHOULD have been able to find :)

Archived