Having Issues. Quick Fix Or Expert Needed?

MadPotter

Hello! I am new, here, so I hope I'm doing all of this correctly.

I just bought a Clay Boss 2003 about a month ago. It's been working okay, but one day I came out to throw and the pedal did not respond as it usually does: off, low speed and then gradually going up to high speed. It would not come on, and then finally it would and would be SUPER fast. And it would have very jerky movements that were not consistent in speed. 

I took a part the pedal and inspected/cleaned it. All was in order. Then, I took a look in the electronic box that houses the board and There were 4 knobs one could turn...min, max, and 2 others (I only used the min max, I don't recall what the other two were labeled). I got it spinning properly again, however, the pedal would not turn completely off. I had to flip the switch to make it turn off.

This happened a couple more times. Today, it happened again, and no amount of turning the knobs on the board helped. 

I'm certain that no one will be able to diagnose it with out having visuals of the wheel....but maybe someone else might have had similar issues or has some hints on the area i should be focusing on? I can't seem to find any fuses, does this sound like a fuse issue? I have attempted to look up information online and there is VERY, VERY little at all regarding pottery wheel maintenance.

Thanks in advance!

Angi

Archived