Ceramics Monthly's 2010 Emerging Artists

• Administrators

The May 2010 issue of Ceramics Monthly is out the door and should be arriving in subscribers mailboxes any day now. So I thought now would be the perfect time to showcase the focus of that issue, the 2010 Emerging Artists, on Ceramic Arts Daily. This year, the editors of Ceramics Monthly chose seventeen promising artists who have been pursuing a career in ceramics for less than ten years to be featured in the magazine. In addition to sharing this work on CAD, I thought I would bring back the People's Choice Award to give CAD readers a chance to weigh in on their favorite emerging artist. So have a look at all of the great work here: http://ceramicartsdaily.org/ceramic-art-and-artists/ceramic-artists/emerging-artists-2010/ Then, click on the artist's names to read more about their work, and use the voting link at the bottom of the page to vote for your fave. The voting is open through Saturday, April 24 and I'll announce the winner Monday, the 26th!

After you have voted, come back here and let us know your thoughts on this year's emerging artists. This selection of work is a good balance of the various kinds of work submitted and is therefore a good snapshot of current trends in ceramic art. What do you think of these trends? Is there a particular artist's work that really spoke to you? How do you feel about some of the mixed media work in the field? Discuss...!

-Jennifer Harnetty

editor, ceramicartsdaily.org

• 6 months later...

The May 2010 issue of Ceramics Monthly is out the door and should be arriving in subscribers mailboxes any day now. So I thought now would be the perfect time to showcase the focus of that issue, the 2010 Emerging Artists, on Ceramic Arts Daily. This year, the editors of Ceramics Monthly chose seventeen promising artists who have been pursuing a career in ceramics for less than ten years to be featured in the magazine. In addition to sharing this work on CAD, I thought I would bring back the People's Choice Award to give CAD readers a chance to weigh in on their favorite emerging artist. So have a look at all of the great work here: http://ceramicartsda...g-artists-2010/ Then, click on the artist's names to read more about their work, and use the voting link at the bottom of the page to vote for your fave. The voting is open through Saturday, April 24 and I'll announce the winner Monday, the 26th!

After you have voted, come back here and let us know your thoughts on this year's emerging artists. This selection of work is a good balance of the various kinds of work submitted and is therefore a good snapshot of current trends in ceramic art. What do you think of these trends? Is there a particular artist's work that really spoke to you? How do you feel about some of the mixed media work in the field? Discuss...!

-Jennifer Harnetty

editor, ceramicartsdaily.org

Nice eclectic selection of emerging artists. An inspiring issue of CM.

Archived