Pmc...

kaycie

This might be a silly question but some ideas to do what? Are you making some functional pieces or some sculptural stuff? Do you sell, is it just a hobby? Do you make only rings?

I feel that it could help if you gave us a bit more information :)

Kaycie:   I haven't seen very many posters on this forum that work in PMC.  If you search "precious metal clay", you will see a few posts here and there. I think PMC is mostly used for jewelry.

I had a keen interest in PMC before I got heavily involved in pottery.   This site was full of useful information.  I read about sizing rings somewhere on that site at one time.  Hmmm thinking about it ... don't most people use that ring maker tool?

http://www.metalclayacademy.com/metal-clay-resources/metal-clay-web-page-tutorials/beginners-metal-clay-project-tutorials-on-web-pages.html

I have seen all the tools and stuff with the companies. I was just wondering if anyone here, would know of any home made tools. I have dumped a ton of money into this and I would like to make really nice rings. I need to save up to buy more stuff.

Archived