Cress kiln FX23

Newbietx

I’m a hobby potter who would like to jump in to the firing of my pieces. I’m a member in a local studio and can have my pieces fired there but I’m interested in more experimentation with glazes and faster turn around on my pieces. Does anyone think a 1991 Cress FX 23 is  worth $825? Supposedly, it was not used very much  but I can see some issues with the bricks  no cracks, just scrapes as far as I can see in the pictures  

This kiln includes: Dawson kiln sitter & limit timer, locking lid brace, two position lid venting prop, insulated peephole plugs, permanently attached instruction plate, patented Cress Fire mate control with reduced heat-shock firing curve, thumb wheel power adjustment, auto/manual firing mode switch, heavy gage elements electrically good temperature uniformity, With kiln stand, lifting handles, steel bottom safety plate, adjustable case clamps reinforced lid band. Flexible cord and plug included.

Also included is boxes of stilts a shelf and posts I can’t seem to copy/paste a picture  

Edited by Newbietx
Information about me