Pottery Community In Canada

Hi there,

I'm a potter in Richmond, BC, Canada. I'm just wondering if there is any international/North American pottery organization that connects potters from all over the world together. The clay community in my area is rather small compared to that of Seattle, WA. I just think it'd be a nice idea if, say potters from the West Coast can form a pottery organization for info exchange or sth.

My club is the only organization that teaches pottery in my city. Some of the club members have to travel to Seattle to buy clay or do sawdust firing because there are more options south of the border...

Thanks,

Richmond Potter

www.richmondpottersclub

You've come to the right spot if you're looking for an international organization that connects potters from around the world. Potters Council may be the organization that you're looking for...

A nurturing, creative community

The Potters Council was formed to create a community of potters and ceramic artists from around the world. This is a community of potters dedicated to supporting each other by sharing ideas, insights, and advice. Community is important. We can all share techniques and tips and add new dimensions to each other’s works–and our own. You never know what will inspire your work or influence your next project. But that’s part of the joy of pottery! And when you become a member of the Potters Council, you’re part of a creative, compassionate community of people who understand you.

Connected to the clay

Potters Council is a nonprofit subsidiary of The American Ceramic Society (ACerS). It was formed to serve you: potters, ceramic artists, lovers of clay. Our mission is to meet the needs of studio potters and ceramic artists by providing a place for knowledge exchange and professional enhancement.

To learn more about Potters Council go here: http://ceramicartsdaily.org/potters-council/learn-more-about-potters-council/

If you have additional questions, please contact me at anytime.

Archived