25 replies to this topic

#21 Babs

Babs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

Get a third person involved, make  a video,and we all can share the process. Just two people head down in a kiln, heat, smoke and expletives, sounds too good not to record... Might even make enough to purchase a new element :D

#22 jrgpots

jrgpots

The hands can express the soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationHurricane, Utah

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Get a third person involved, make  a video,and we all can share the process. Just two people head down in a kiln, heat, smoke and expletives, sounds too good not to record... Might even make enough to purchase a new element :D

I appreciate your insightful suggestions. I can just imagine two butts, 4 legs and lots of smoke...... I'll order the element,......sigh

Jed

#23 atanzey

atanzey

-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSouth-Central Pennsylvania

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

Order the element, then when you have it on hand try heating and stretching.  It would be a good learning experience, and at least in my world the only way something like that would work is if I already had the 'fix' on hand!

Alice

#24 Bob Coyle

Bob Coyle

GEEZER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationSanta Fe

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

No No Babs.... you don't grasp the concept. You Take the the top sections of the kiln off and with a propane torch and plyers there is no smoke and very little heat so the video probably would not go viral :P

#25 Babs

Babs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

Order the element, then when you have it on hand try heating and stretching.  It would be a good learning experience, and at least in my world the only way something like that would work is if I already had the 'fix' on hand!

Alice

Now that is Murphy's other law!

No No Babs.... you don't grasp the concept. You Take the the top sections of the kiln off and with a propane torch and plyers there is no smoke and very little heat so the video probably would not go viral :P

Sorry, here am I with one of those old kilns which do not allow you  to dismantle as you describe, different continent different era! so don't video, and you know I still wouldn't strech an entire element, are you gonna ever need this skill again ?? Just pin it to the floor with sthe staples you use to pin small wayward sections of you elements.

#26 Bob Coyle

Bob Coyle

GEEZER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationSanta Fe

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

Only option is to punt. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users