Refiring up

Nelly

Dear All,

I did a quick refire last night of some work I wasn't happy with in a cone 6 firing. I lowered the firing range with these newly modified pieces to cone 5. Some new pieces I added to the mix appear underfired.

Can I now go with these sundry pieces (i.e., pieces I included in the cone 5 firing that I used to fill up the kiln) and that did not turn out great to cone 7?

I have never done this before.

My guess is that it is a crap shoot but that things should be okay if the initial glaze is compatible with a higher fire range.

Nelly

Dear All,

I did a quick refire last night of some work I wasn't happy with in a cone 6 firing. I lowered the firing range with these newly modified pieces to cone 5. Some new pieces I added to the mix appear underfired.

Can I now go with these sundry pieces (i.e., pieces I included in the cone 5 firing that I used to fill up the kiln) and that did not turn out great to cone 7?

I have never done this before.

My guess is that it is a crap shoot but that things should be okay if the initial glaze is compatible with a higher fire range.

Nelly

Dear All,

Sorry about this post. I got my answer from my clay supplier. I will try to think a little more before I rapidly post.

This can be nuked.

Again, sorry about that.

Nelly

Nelly, an annoying thing about a CAD post is that you can only delete the text, not the fact that you posted something. So if you want to get rid of the posted 'text', go to edit or full edit, highlight and delete it. Then click 'save modified post'. Your name date and time info will remain only. Do it before some one else replies and quotes your post.

Archived