Kiln Element Pins/Staples

I have replaced all the elements in my small Duncan. In the process a section of kiln brick about 4" came off and the element is exposed. It wants to buldge. I have watched the video on Paragons site to see how to use pins/staples to keep it in place. It appears that it is alright if the pins touch the element itself. But before I insert the pins I want to make sure I am seeing things correctly. So will there be any electrical problems if the pins touch the element. Dont want to waste time and effort by not measuring twice and cutting oncesmile.gif as the old adage goes.

Thanks

RJ

The pins are intended to touch the elements. The pin should be placed in between two of the loops, holding the element down at the bottom of the loop. You can also support a sagging coil by putting the pin at the top of the loop, with the element essentially hanging on the pin. The chunk of brick can be put back into place with pins, too, as a temporary fix until you can replace the brick. If the chunk is so large that the element can sag out of its groove, the brick should be replaced. Do it now when you are doing the elements.

The pins are intended to touch the elements. The pin should be placed in between two of the loops, holding the element down at the bottom of the loop. You can also support a sagging coil by putting the pin at the top of the loop, with the element essentially hanging on the pin. The chunk of brick can be put back into place with pins, too, as a temporary fix until you can replace the brick. If the chunk is so large that the element can sag out of its groove, the brick should be replaced. Do it now when you are doing the elements.

Thanks Neil,

I have pinned the pieces of brick and things look pretty good. Everything is in place and ready to go.

RJ

Archived