Commission and commission

I recently entered a competition at a well respected gallery .. I am not represented in this gallery but I would like to be.

A client Inquired through the gallery whether I could make a similar piece with different imagery. The gallery would chagre 50%.

I am more familiar with finders fees to galleries for commissions, but galleries with whom I am contracted. Does anyone have any similar

Experiences?

Marcia

Guest JBaymore

I recently entered a competition at a well respected gallery .. I am not represented in this gallery but I would like to be.

A client Inquired through the gallery whether I could make a similar piece with different imagery. The gallery would chagre 50%.

I am more familiar with finders fees to galleries for commissions, but galleries with whom I am contracted. Does anyone have any similar

Experiences?

Marcia

Pretty standard.

best,

.......................john

I agree ... I've done this for galleries ... but my older experienced gallery just passed it on and left it with me because they wanted nothing to do with servicing the "Oh it doesn't look the way I thought it would ... The colors are wrong ... The shape is different ... Etc, etc, etc." complaints that can follow commissioned work. ;)

Thanks for the input. I went to the opening of the show and met the gallery owners. Nice group of people.

we discussed the request by the client and no problem with a deadline or exactness.

So I have some pieces to get done before I leave for a residency in Vallauris.

And the prospect Of being part of a very nice gallery.

Marcia

Archived