Best Casting Slip for Tableware?

I'm just setting up making tableware, and I can't for the life of me find my notes on slip casting! I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best casting slip to use when creating tableware with a textured outer surface? I think I used white earthenware before but I'm unsure as it's been a while.

Any advice given on this subject would be very appreciated!

I'm just setting up making tableware, and I can't for the life of me find my notes on slip casting! I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best casting slip to use when creating tableware with a textured outer surface? I think I used white earthenware before but I'm unsure as it's been a while.

Any advice given on this subject would be very appreciated!

We use a white earthenware with a fair amount of talc in it. The talc used to be a Tennessee ball talc, but that source ran out and mow the talc comes from Texas and is much flakier and less slippery. It tends to settle out in the bucket much faster than before.

We use a white earthenware with a fair amount of talc in it. The talc used to be a Tennessee ball talc, but that source ran out and mow the talc comes from Texas and is much flakier and less slippery. It tends to settle out in the bucket much faster than before.

Ok, that's fab. Thank you!

Archived