Sign in to follow this  
lynette

Oxides

What happens to cobalt oxide if I put on a clear glaze and fire to earthenware 1060. Also what is nikel oxide used for?

1060 F is really low. Do you mean 1060 C? If you have a glaze that fluxes at that temperature, you could use the cobalt and nickel as a wash mixed in with the glaze. Cobalt could blister if used in high concentrations...same for the nickel. You just need 1-2% for the desired color effect.

What happens to cobalt oxide if I put on a clear glaze and fire to earthenware 1060. Also what is nikel oxide used for?

1060 F is really low. Do you mean 1060 C? If you have a glaze that fluxes at that temperature, you could use the cobalt and nickel as a wash mixed in with the glaze. Cobalt could blister if used in high concentrations...same for the nickel. You just need 1-2% for the desired color effect.

1060 C is Cone 04 (more or less)

1060 C is Cone 04 (more or less)

and 1060 F is below ^022