Floor drain for new studio

Hello,

I am having a studio built with a cement floor and would like to add a floor drain so I can spray my floors for cleaning and squeege it to a floor drain. Can someone recommend a floor drain that will work for this application that has a strainer so I don't clog the drain?

Guest JBaymore

Use a steeeper drainline pitch than what is the "normal" pitch (helps keep the fine stuff the trap misses from settling out) and also install a settling type trap (baffle type) with a removable metal lid for cleaning access. Otherwise if you really use this to clean, you'll plug the line rather quickly.

Embedded in concrete slab... this is not the place to go "cheap". Do it well.

best,

......................john

You might want to check and see if there are any building codes that disallow a floor drain. When I built my studio the inspectors told me they would have to look into it but didn't think it would be allowed, and they were already giving us static about every thing we were wanting done. We decided to do without it so that we could keep on building, around here if you build something here that is not approved you have to tear it down or fill it in. I don't know if the area you live in is so restrictive but you might want to check it out before you spend the money on it. Denice

Use a steeeper drainline pitch than what is the "normal" pitch (helps keep the fine stuff the trap misses from settling out) and also install a settling type trap (baffle type) with a removable metal lid for cleaning access. Otherwise if you really use this to clean, you'll plug the line rather quickly.

Embedded in concrete slab... this is not the place to go "cheap". Do it well.

best,

......................john

Archived