Help with kiln required please - thank you

Hello

I have a pretty old, but generally reliable Potterycrafts kiln with a basic controller.  For some reason the second ramp is not shown on it when I tried to fire it this evening.  I am doing decal transfers and usually fire 300 degrees for two hours then up to 860 but it is only giving me the option to choose the first ramp then go to full and it is not working.  I've changed the fuses but its as if the power is not getting to the elements so they do not heat up.  Any assistance - London, UK based - I really need to get this order out tomorrow.

Thank you.

Hi Neil

Thanks for coming back to me.  Its actually not lighting up on the second ramp or giving me the option of the second ramp and the kiln is at 23-24 degrees which is the temperature in the shed.  It is clicking to heat up but not heating up.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

@Outlandish I guess I'm having trouble with the terminology. Plus I'm not familiar with this controller in particular.

What do you mean by not lighting up on the second ramp?

When you program it, it's won't let you program the second ramp?

So you tried  to fire it, it clicks but won't heat? Unless this is a totally different setup than we have in the US, the clicking is the sound of the relay(s) sending power to the elements. If the relay is clicking but the kiln isn't getting hot, then it's probably a bad element.

How big/what model is the kiln? How many elements?

Archived