Glazes Again

I just updated all the ingredients in this recipe with my Insight, using the XML data from Insight, still get 6.17 

Are you going to each material and grabbing the XML file and importing it into Insight one material at a time? That's a bit of a pitn (pain in the neck) there;s gotta be an easier way.

I just updated all the ingredients in this recipe with my Insight, using the XML data from Insight, still get 6.17 

Are you going to each material and grabbing the XML file and importing it into Insight one material at a time? That's a bit of a pitn (pain in the neck) there;s gotta be an easier way.

For all the years I’ve been using Insight there has been only 1 material that I needed to fix the XML for. (fix as in it’s screwy not update or add a new material) So I doubt you have to do all the materials.

I’ld click the MDT button (to the right of the material name when you type it in)

now click the red Question mark on that page and it takes you to the Digitalfire page for that material. Have a look in the upper left corner of that page, you will see a Formula for that material, look in that column, it should match the MDT box. If it doesn’t then you need to update the XML, just a cut a paste of the garbley stuff at the bottom of the page, apologies to any programmers for my technospeak there.

There are a few ways to update it in your Insight, what works for me is to copy the garbley bit then hit the “Utility†tab, on my Mac it’s found in the very upper left corner of the screen, under “Utility†hit the “Interpret XMLâ€. When that window opens paste over what’s there with what you copied from the Digitalfire page and save.

With your mc6g low coe glaze I would suggest just comparing the MDT to the Digitalfire info for each material, if they don’t match then you’ve found your screwy material. I really think it's one of those 6 ingredients in that glaze.

Long winded way to say yes I enter 1 at a time, don't know of a way to update all.

I wonder if it would be worth emailing Tony Hansen and letting him know you found a bug once you figure out which material it’s with?

I wonder if it would be worth emailing Tony Hansen and letting him know you found a bug once you figure out which material it’s with?

Totally.  I've exchanged email with Tony before and he's been very friendly and responsive.  I helped him help his ISP sort out a problem with his email delivery, and he was very accepting of my unsolicited advice.  (It was causing some mail from digitalfire.com to be filtered as spam.)  I'm sure he'd be very glad to receive reports if some of his data is flawed.

Tony's a great guy, and a real asset to the community.  I've been away for awhile and had just started to use the online Insight before I lost easy access to studio time... I was really surprised to find he'd made the downloadable Insight free.  For someone trying to obtain just compensation for his efforts, that was pretty generous.

I found where the problem was with my COE thank to Min, it seems my Talc analysis was way off.

I wouldn't call it a bug, just one of the quarks I've come across in his software.

I'm not criticizing, I've written, alpha and beta tested commercial software and I know its the nature of the beast. Earlier this month I upped from a 3 month subscription to a 2 year subscription with no regrets. Insight is well worth the price.

Archived