If you could only take one piece of ceramic art to a deserted island, what would you choose and why? | July 26, 2011

I would bring my very favorite coffee mug by Jeff Brown. It would remind me that artists can find beautiful optimism in any situation by creating. The sgraffito also gives great hand massages after trying to open stubborn coconuts and after ripping off stalks for a hut. Jeff Brown's Website - Pottery for all of your trips to sea

I guess it's not very practical, but I would bring my favorite mug too. Made by Birch Frew, it is my morning companion as I start work in my studio. It would be a comfort and help to remind of life before (and beyond the island).

The Ugly Pot. I made it in high school, I'm 42, and it's sitting in my mother's living room. Upon being stranded, I would throw the ugly thing into the sea. I would then be rescued shortly after, as my mother arrived to rescue the childhood treasure I'd one again tried to dispose of.

Oh yes, we all have those- and I think our loved ones keep them to keep us humble ;-}

NEW! Introducing the "Question of the Week"

Summer is a good time to laugh, share, and to interact in a fun, creative way on our Potters Council forum. We will be posting a "Question of the Week" every Monday for you to answer, give an opinion, and maybe laugh a little. The questions will range from the serious to the not so serious. We are ready to have some fun and hope you will join us.

We are all looking forward to see what everyone has to say. Don't be shy to share your answer. We want this to be positive, fun experience and encourage all to respond in a like manner. Put your thinking caps on for this "serious" question:

Question of the Week:

If you could only take one piece of ceramic art to a deserted island, what would you choose and why?

When replying to the question be sure to hit the reply button outside of the message. If not, it quotes all the previous message making the post much longer and difficult to read.

Looking forward to the responses...

NEW! Introducing the "Question of the Week"

Summer is a good time to laugh, share, and to interact in a fun, creative way on our Potters Council forum. We will be posting a "Question of the Week" every Monday for you to answer, give an opinion, and maybe laugh a little. The questions will range from the serious to the not so serious. We are ready to have some fun and hope you will join us.

We are all looking forward to see what everyone has to say. Don't be shy to share your answer. We want this to be positive, fun experience and encourage all to respond in a like manner. Put your thinking caps on for this "serious" question:

Question of the Week:

If you could only take one piece of ceramic art to a deserted island, what would you choose and why?

When replying to the question be sure to hit the reply button outside of the message. If not, it quotes all the previous message making the post much longer and difficult to read.

Looking forward to the responses...

I'd take a bowl... it can be a plate with a curve, a mug with some nerve and even a hat, or a home for your cat.

Archived