Pacifica Gt 400 Foot Peddle Not Covered Under Warranty?

Well, my new last summer Pacifica GT400 surprised me when I went to throw the first pot of summer.

Switch on and it spins at full tilt, the peddle does nothing.

I sent the box and peddle to Laguna Clay (still under warranty) and they told me the peddle isn't covered

Unfortunately this can not be covered under your warranty. Per the Pacifica owner's manual: This Warranty does not cover normal "wear and tear" nor does it apply if the equipment has been damaged by an accident or misuse, or if it is exposed to conditions unsuitable for its use or storage, or if damage is a result of service or modification by other than an authorized PACIFICA Service Center. No other express or implied warranty is given by PACIFICA, and PACIFICA shall not be liable for any consequential damages. The control box for this wheel is working at this time, but your pedal will need to be replaced. the cost is $109.00 + tax, pac & handling $3.95, and return freight

So I ask...just what is the purpose and design of a potter's wheel if it's components are not water proof?

It's the peddle for cryin' out loud! Is it not suppose to get wet???

My very first Pacifica 30 years ago is still running to this day.

I'm just a little disgusted...

post-2411-13095285426947_thumb.jpg

post-2411-13095285426947_thumb.jpg

Guest HerbNorris

Wow! I must say, that picture of the inside of your pedal is frightening.

Are you sure that the pedal they gave you with the new wheel was new? There is so much rust and gunk in this picture that I find it hard to believe that it is only a year old.

I have a Brent, and the warning labels specifically tell you NOT to immerse into or spray water on components like the pedal, control box, or motor. None of these are water proof; I wish they were, it would make clean up easier. You can get water on the top of the pedal, and carefully wipe the outside, but spraying into the body of it is not a good idea. I think it is pretty much that way with all wheels, but others may know differently.

Chris - Are you serious about those warnings? Come on...

Note to self: "Self in the future, do not purchase a Pacifica wheel." Seriously? It's a year old? I bought a third hand Lockerbie who's foot pedel is pristine compared to that!

LOL at Chris' swimsuit comparison! How true. Bought a swimsuit end of summer last. Used it 3 times. Put it on last week and all of the elastic and spandex was dead. Had to go shopping at the height of the season while on vacation. Not to mention that ladies swim suits are not cheap!

Guest JBaymore

Can you describe the nature of your studio floor, how you clean that studio floor, if you throw using a splash pan, if you tend to use lots of water wehn you throw, how the wheel was stored, was the storage location heated for the winter and what was the typical temperature in the space when not being used, and so on?

That is an AMAZING amount of damage in 1 year, and the picture even shows a bit of liquid water sitting on some parts.

Knowing how the pedal got damaged like that might help some other people not experience a similar failure.

Thanks.

best,

.......................john

Guest JBaymore

I guess ladies are meant to sit in the shade and glisten while they sip mint juleps!

Yes. And your point is? wink.gif

best,

...................john

Archived