Peter Pugger 30 ton Studio Press w/ extended stroke. Beacon NY

I recently worked at a pottery shop that had two of these beasts, made by RAM of course, and I can say they are quite useful production tools. Rather than use the provided 20"x20" metal "rings" we used custom made rings of 8" and 12" diameters. (Made by a local metal shop.) The 20x20 is a heavy form without cement but super heavy with cement. At least the 8 and 12 inch versions can be removed by a single person fairly easily.

For the most part they're simple machines with simple hydraulic parts inside the cabinet. A bit challenging to find a repair person but if you're of the right frame of mind the normal "wear and tear" parts are easy to replace.

I really think more colleges and universities should put these in their programs. Once you start working with them, and realize they're just another "tool", you realize they have lots of untapped potential. 

The large rings can be moved by one person with a foot pump hydraulic lift.  I use a Global lift.  I roll it to the press and slide it onto a steel table set in front of the press and slide onto the bed.  To top die is flipped into the bottom with foam in between then lifted to the top for mounting.  Not difficult

This press is equal to RAM, if not overbuilt in some ways