Keraflex

Hi ceramic artists,

I work with porcelain making very thin, translucent slabs. I usually roll them out like pie crusts between plastic, but I can not make them very large before they start to fall apart. Someone recommended to me this product called Keraflex which is apparently pre-rolled sheets of porcelain that can be shaped. From the website it looks really neat and I am eager to try it but it is not sold in the US and the price plus shipping (from Australia) puts it way out of my reach, especially if I just want to try it.

Has anyone used this product with success? Pros/Cons?

Lastly (and this is a long shot) - Is there anyone in the Bay Area who would be interested in going in on a pack with me and splitting it?

Thanks!

Amanda

www.amandaklimek.com

• 5 months later...

Keraflex is awesome stuff!  Faculty member in my studio has been playing with some this past year and i've seen how awesome yet difficult it is to work with, but the stuff that can be made with it definitely cannot be achieved by any other method as far as I can tell.  Stuff is SUPER fragile once fired - like if you look at it wrong it'll shatter - so think about that with whatever you're making.  yes, the investment is high for this material, but as with everything you have to pay to play

Archived