Echinus Ceramic Sculpture

Brilliant

Hello - wonder if anyone might be able to shed some light on a piece called Echinus (WS-022) -- appears to be a ceramic wall hanging, limited edition by bandanna of San Diego. Attached are two photos. Thanks.

I may be wrong , it's happened before, but I think this is a plaster cast limited edition because of the splatters and how the wire is fused in the cast. If it were fired I think the wire would have melted. If it is clay it would be hard to scratch, it if it is plaster it will scratch rather easily. Happy firing

Hello - wonder if anyone might be able to shed some light on a piece called Echinus (WS-022) -- appears to be a ceramic wall hanging, limited edition by bandanna of San Diego. Attached are two photos. Thanks.

I may be wrong , it's happened before, but I think this is a plaster cast limited edition because of the splatters and how the wire is fused in the cast. If it were fired I think the wire would have melted. If it is clay it would be hard to scratch, it if it is plaster it will scratch rather easily. Happy firing

I agree with Kabe, the rear does look like plaster. If it is very firm and durable it maybe Hydrostone or Hydrocal White, maybe not all of it but at least in the area where the wires are hanging, the imbedded loops that are holding the wires look as if they are small eyelet screws.

Archived