Any Suggestions On How To Make An Aqua Glaze?

I am trying to make a present for my best friend. And his favorite football team are the Miami Dolphins. I have the orange & navy, but could not find an Aqua glaze.

Has anyone tried & succeeded at making an aqua glaze? And if so, what colors/combination did you use???

Thanks!

Julz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jessica Knapp

Hi Julz,

Depending on the base glaze you are using, the following colorants should work to produce an aqua glaze: Copper Carbonate, between 1 and 2 percent, and cobalt carbonate at .25 percent. I've used this combination of glaze colorants to create a nice water blue colored glaze. I might suggest that you also look into using underglazes to create the colors and design you want by painting them onto bisque ware, and then use a clear glaze on top, applied either via spraying or dipping. I'd also suggest bisque firing the piece again after applying the underglazes to make them permanently attached to the piece so that they don't smudge or pull away from the piece when the clear glaze is applied.

Jessica

I am trying to make a present for my best friend. And his favorite football team are the Miami Dolphins. I have the orange & navy, but could not find an Aqua glaze.

Has anyone tried & succeeded at making an aqua glaze? And if so, what colors/combination did you use???

Thanks!

Julz

Archived