2012 Artists in Residence Program at I-Park

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will you be applying?

• Yes
    • No

2012 Artists inResidence Program at I-Park

Application Deadline: January 30, 2012

TheI-Park Foundation, Inc., a 450-acre natural woodland retreat in East Haddam, CT(U.S), announces its twelfth season hosting its multi-disciplinary residencyprogram. Self-directed artists’residencies will be offered from May through November 2012, with off-seasonsessions in April and December. Mostresidencies are four weeks in duration. Residencies are offered to creative individuals working in the followingdisciplines: Visual (including Environmental) Art, Music Composition/SoundSculpture/Design, Moving Image, Creative Writing and Landscape/GardenDesign. Work samples are evaluatedthrough a competitive, juried process.

A $30application fee helps defray the cost of the independent jury panels. Accepted artists are responsible for their ownwork materials as well as transportation to and from the area. The program is otherwise offered at no costto accepted artists, including a basic meal program where most of, though notall, the food is provided.

Accommodationsat I-Park include comfortable private living quarters in an 1850’s erafarmhouse and a private studio space. Anabundance of tools, equipment, musical instruments and peripherals, sitematerials, an electric kiln, wireless internet and library facilities areprovided.

Internationalapplicants are welcome. To defray thecost of travel, four $750.00 grants will be awarded to international artistswhose work is held in particularly high regard by the Grant Committee.

Applicationmaterials are available online at http://www.i-park.org/residency.html.

For more information, contact Brad Tuggle, ResidencyProgram Director, by e-mail: applications@i-park.org or by phone: 860-873-2468.

<br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

Archived