clean bisque's surface

Hi!

I need to clean epoxy from the surface of a bisque (04) white clay piece, I covered a crack with 10" epoxy and now would like to remove the excess from the sides.

Tried to clean with something metallic but just smears metal on the surface...have you some advice?

Thanks!!

have great holidays!

Hi!

I need to clean epoxy from the surface of a bisque (04) white clay piece, I covered a crack with 10" epoxy and now would like to remove the excess from the sides.

Tried to clean with something metallic but just smears metal on the surface...have you some advice?

Thanks!!

have great holidays!

I use 100 grit sand paper to sometimes remove a clay burr from bisked porcelain If I go with a light pressure it woun't be seen under a glaze. The smaller the grit (larger the number) the less it will scratch your clay. You might try it on a scrap piece of bisk first. You would not want to breath the dust, wear a mask. I do not know if it would clean off the epoxy or not. Does the bottle tell how to remove it from other surfaces or suggest a how to clean it off your hands? ain't clay fun kabe

Archived