POTTERS COUNCIL CONFERENCE
For more information, visit: http://ceramicartsda...andbuilding-ii/
Creative, Knowledgeable, Talented, and Engaging
Creative, knowledgeable, talented and engaging describe these experienced presenters participating in the Handbuilding II conference. This not-to-be-missed conference brings together a diverse group of ceramic artists to demonstrate, share, and answer any question you may have on handbuilding and the techniques they use. This conference will help you build upon existing skills and learn new techniques that you can apply to your own studio work. Register today for your chance to learn from Hayne Bayless, Joseph Pintz, Sandi Pierantozzi and Amy Sanders.
Mark Your Calendar and Register Today!
Save $75 and Register by November 20, 2011
hayne Bayless_1.jpg 110.76KB 1 downloads Joseph_Pintz_1.jpeg 32.89KB 1 downloads PIerantozzi 1.JPG 4.4MB 1 downloads amy_sanders_vase family1.jpg 40.4KB 1 downloads
Hayne Bayless, Joseph Pintz, Sandi Pierantozzi and Amy Sanders
Attendees will learn how to. . .
- Make full use of the extruder and make custom extruder dies
- Cut stencils from Tyvek
- Use liquid latex resist with a deer-tail brush
- Decorate with colored slip inlay
- Work with stretched slabs
- Make tools out of common materials and how to modify existing tools to suit a specific need
- Handbuild functional pots that have good form and function
- Use circular and rectangular templates, and the method of making various parts fit together.
- Use alternate ways of treating the bottom of a pot with regard to added feet or foot rings, as well as various types of handles made from slabs and coils.
- Focus on soft slab construction while considering how stamped patterns and clay appliques enhance the surface
- Create pieces by pinching, folding and draping thin slabs over bisqued clay molds.
- Use simple paper templates
- And much more!