Making Cookware

dessagod

• 3 weeks later...

i saw a thrown piece out of a flame body, it looked groggy but doable on the wheel too. it was a beautiful stove pot with a lid. sweet!

also, there are moroccan pots called tagines that they use which i believe are placed on the flame, but i think they may have some type of barrier like sand or something so it is still not direct flame. anyone know btw?

• 4 weeks later...

Glad I found this post. I have been very interested in making flameware

also, there are moroccan pots called tagines that they use which i believe are placed on the flame, but i think they may have some type of barrier like sand or something so it is still not direct flame. anyone know btw?

I just made a Tagine pot.. well sort of! Mine isnt very tradional at all as far as how it looks except for the big cone lid. I made it using a high fire, oven safe clay but plan on using it over a small fire. From what little I have read so far you use very low heat and I am thinking my stoneware will be fine. I made a small and a large tea pot for my mom and she puts them on a gas stove all the time.

Guest JBaymore

This has been discussed before...........

http://ceramicartsda...lameproof-pots/

http://ceramicartsda...e-on-a-gas-hob/

Please note that there is likely significant potential liability for the potter if you are selling this kind of work. Do your homework carefully. Personally, without a high policy limit product liability insurance policy, I'd not take on this task. In fact even WITH such a policy, I'd not do it. Risk / benefit analysis is not very good.

In this case.... you literally are "playing with fire" in more ways than our usual one.

best,

.............john

Archived