Risks Of Putting Kiln In Garage

ShannonT

If'n a private garage, and if there's any language in the hoa "rules" that catches against your hobby/production setup, recommend you block the sightlines to your kiln, for "they" will certainly be looking.

A home ago, we had hoa, which stipulated no mech work in garages. Really. Oil change, tune up, tire rotation - all that, with door closed.

Bike maintenance, however, did that with the doors wide open, and, yes, "they" did challenge that activity...

Any road, proper wiring, fire/smoke detector(s), fire extinguishers, and sufficient ventilation are important, as is your commitment to monitoring your firing.

23 hours ago, Hulk said:

Bike maintenance, however, did that with the doors wide open, and, yes, "they" did challenge that activity...

I would loose my "shirt" and respond very poorly in that situation.

Many years ago "they" came after us because our patio furniture  was too big for our little back concrete area and the legs of the  chairs were barely in the grass, that was the last time I would ever deal with "they", who also challenged the activity of "children playing in the parking area". 

:)

We sold the hoa home, modest profit, on account o' we were movin' to our retirement house. Hoa has some benefit, however, I'm ok with waiting on the County to fix the road, maintaining and watering our front yard all on our own, and taking our chances with what the neighbors choose to do and don't do - aye, thaat's the rub... 

On the bike maintenance, the "rule" bein' keep your garage door SHUT, I just laughed.

Archived