What Is Your Favorite Potters Council Benefit?

It seems there is a focus for this topic. So I must ask all you PC members, what is your favorite benefit of the Potters Council?

Health Insurance?

Shipping Discounts?

Conference discounts?

Opportunities for showing your work in calendars and on line gallery?

magazine, books and DVD discounts?

Look up the benefits and let us know what you like

Marcia

The only one I have been able to take advantage of is the mentoring program.  I guess I am unclear of where and how I can redeem discounts etc.  Is there an article with clear cut instructions on how to take advantage of the benefits? My pottery mentor is great, she is pretty motivating and we seem to have a lot in common.  

Here is the link from the Potters Council website accessible if you go to the Ceramic Arts Daily subject heading at upper left of this page. Then go to the Potters Council in the new heading and drop down menu. Open benefits link.

http://ceramicartsdaily.org/potters-council/learn-more-about-potters-council/

Once you are a member there are phone numbers to cal if you go to Members only.

My favorite benefits are shipping, the members directory, magazine and other discounts, the calendars, potters pages, studio listings.

I had someone call me and drop by for some iced tea last year. She was from Atlanta and visiting the area.

Marcia

Since I'am living in Switzerland, unfortunately I can't profit from quite a few of the benefits. For example the shipping discount, the health insurance, the conference discount, car rental discount etc. Is there an effort for including those over the pond into those benefits too?

I love the juried show, the calendar and the bookstore discount best!

Regarding the bookstore: again since living in Switzerland, the DVD download is perfect for me (no shipping, tax and customs cost). But: when I'am clicking on the download button, I'am asked whether I'am a PC member. I click on yes.... and the price for the download stays the same. Is there no discount for downloads?

Thank you and greetings from snowy Switzerland

Evelyne

Evelyne,

I did some research into your issue above.  To answer your question, yes as a Potters Council member you do receive 20% discount on downloads.  The problem was the name on the order must match the name on the Potters Council Membership.  In your membership, you have a second last name "Tondelli"   Let me know how you would like to proceed, Adjust your membership name and remove Tondelli or when you place an order be sure to remember to use Tondelli.

Carolyn,

thank you very much for your response! I would like to remove Tondelli. (That's my husbands name and on my passport are both names). Can I do that myself or must Admin do that? I once changed my display name from "fuoco di forno" to my current, real name: Evelyne Schoenmann. I thought that is enough?! Please tell me what I must do.

Does that mean I would have got discount if my name was right? I downloaded at least 15 DVD's in the years 2013-2015. Bummer! Well, we live and learn...

Thanks again for your help. I wanted to "like" your post but I'am out of likes for today....

Hugs

Evelyne

Evelyne,

I have updated your name in our Membership data base... so any orders moving forward you should be OK.  I am looking at orders for the past year to see if we can provide you with a credit.  I am waiting to hear back.  I will keep you posted.

I too "love" the like button, but I never have enough likes...

Archived