Sign in to follow this  
Brita

White Glaze

I am looking for a recipe for a white or light glaze. I will use it on dark clay, so I want an opaque glaze.
Perhaps it should be an ash glaze.
I want to burn at 1250C - cone 7 or 8.

I just today got my new studio (for the first time in 15 years - hooray). Tomorrow I will order materials so a good answer is urgent - and very appreciated!

Brita, do you have a Pinterest account? I've had great success finding glaze formulas on other people's glaze or pottery boards. The nice part is that they are usually accompanied by a photo, and sometimes many photos.

I've also found some decent possibilities on the www.glazemixer.com website. The nice part about that is that you can see the formula AND order it ready-mixed if you like, so you don't have to order the individual components...or store them.

Hi

Thanks for the great tips, Stellaria.

I must get myself a pinterest account. Sounds great!

Also I love the concept at glazermixer, but since I live in Denmark (Europe), I properly have to mix my glazes by myself. The portage from The States is too expensive.

Anyway, I don't mind mixing my glazes. I used to love the process of adjusting them, so I properly will again. It's just I have forgotten a lot, and I will surely return to this forum with more questions, when I really get started. Right now, I wonder, if the is a great online guide to ash glazes.