Glazing A Symbol

giltex

I need to mark a wine chiller with the customer's ranch brand then spray glaze the whole pot. Not sure how to do this. Do I draw in the brand, glaze it with white, then cover it with wax , spray the rest of the pot, wipe off over the wax? Or what? The brand will be white and the chiller Texas Longhorn burnt orange. Thanks for the help.

I need to mark a wine chiller with the customer's ranch brand then spray glaze the whole pot. Not sure how to do this. Do I draw in the brand, glaze it with white, then cover it with wax , spray the rest of the pot, wipe off over the wax? Or what? The brand will be white and the chiller Texas Longhorn burnt orange. Thanks for the help.

Since this is a one time deal, this technique would not be efficient. . . but when faced with making a series of pots that have to have a logo for a company, I put the logo into a Draw program, strengthen the week elements, send it to a rubber stamp manufacturer and have a stamp made to the size needed. That way I can accurately reproduce the logo several times. I then use stains to highlight the image, and glaze with a light colored glaze one coat to allow the image to bleed through. Complicated to start, simple in the end.

Archived