Turkey Baster For Glazing

I went into big Y today to get a turkey baster for squirting glaze inside some bud vases, but was totally in my own world, forgetting that Thanksgiving is in two days. Was surprised when the check-out woman wanted to talk turkey recipes / techniques. Thought it would be kind of hard to explain my real purpose, and kind of unfriendly since we were having such a good bonding moment, so I played along. Shook my head as I left. I have to get out of the studio more, clearly!!

Sometimes the dollar tree stuff kinda is awful...i remember a pair of kitchen scissors i got the that would not cut much of anything you need in the kitchen.

I went out and got a big pair at the local flea and have been know to trim the hedges with them occasionally cause they are that strong.

some work well for so many purposes.  the one i got at dollar tree last week won't pick up anything much and it dribbles.  sort of like my ex.............not going there.

Oh,c'mon. That is low. He must have been good for something. They built a Dollar Tree by my highschool. Where I teach. Went back for yellow tissue paper three times. Didn't have it. So I would say that it is not a quality store. I would not like to be compared to it.

TJR.

I use a turkey baster to getting water off glazes that are too thin. I also used it is siphon some water from terra sig. I use a more simple method for terra sig now. Today I start cooking for tomorrow. I really would prefer to make some color tests for chemicals in foil sag gars. That will have to wait. Pecan pies today. Cranberry sauce, and cole slaw. I want to make as mch ahead of time as I can to reduce mess in the kitchen and spend time with guests.

Marcia

I usually go with a nasal aspirator for dripping and splattering glaze/ underglaze....Or as my students know them, the "Baby snot suckers".

Marcia, I have a recipe for a milk chocolate pecan pie, that I'll be making again this year.  It's delicious, it's like eating a big chocolate turtle. 

Archived