Dulling Glaze

nivlac77

Have 6 wall decoration tiles with Wine themes.    I would like to hang them in the bar and dining area.  Problem is they have a very bright glaze which does not fit the other décor.   Is there any way to dull the glaze without hurting the colors? 

dulling spray.! google it

who are are? where you from?? fill out your profile.  post some pics in gallery. what kind of stuff do you make?

you could also sand blast pieces.

worse case scenario take some 1000 grit sand paper to it.   but first 2 options are better.

ive heard of people acid etching,  but i have no info there.

welcome

Let us not leave out the possibility that some users of the board are not potters or ceramic artists . . . but, folks who have a question about pottery/ceramics and come to the board to get information from those of us who are. In that case, there are no photos for gallery, etc. Not sure if that is the case here, but we need to keep open to the possibility.

I agree with big Lou. Please, new members please give us some information about yourself. This is a community of very giving people.

marcia

DON'T DO IT, IT'S A TRAP!!! Ever since I filled out my profile, I've heard a rustling in the bushes outside my house, they tracked me down! And I'm pretty sure some guy named "Jim" broke in and stole my splashpan!

Sorry I did not tell you anything about me - I do woodwork, metalwork, small engine repair, play around on my farm, have done stained glass and a few other things.   Have never got into pottery or ceramics so I came to the experts in this field to see if there was a solution to my problem -  Thanks for the replies

I agree with big Lou. Please, new members please give us some information about yourself. This is a community of very giving people.

marcia

DON'T DO IT, IT'S A TRAP!!! Ever since I filled out my profile, I've heard a rustling in the bushes outside my house, they tracked me down! And I'm pretty sure some guy named "Jim" broke in and stole my splashpan!

Couldn't be "Jim" -- he left the self-centering gizmo and giffin grip behind. Were there any traces of Lizzella in the footprints by the bushes?

marcia

Couldn't be "Jim" -- he left the self-centering gizmo and giffin grip behind. Were there any traces of Lizzella in the footprints by the bushes?

The Giffin Grip was left behind.  But upon closer examination, I realized there is a small explosive device on it, that causes it to self-destruct, when the wheel reached a certain RPM.

Also, I do believe there was Lizzella in the footprints, mixed with, what I believe, is "sour mash".

Archived