This is an example of my recent work. Made up of about 4000 individual ceramic pieces that move and create sound.

Wow! Amazing! How do they create sound?

It was designed to incorporate sound by movement. Because they are vitrified and attached to wire that has tension, the slightest breeze makes them move. As they move, they bump into each other. The greater the density (in terms of placement) and size the louder and deeper the sound. With smaller. thin, more spaced out areas producing a sound like the trickling of water and denser, larger, and thicker pieces sound like the wind rustling through trees.

• 1 year later...

I hope to see this at NCECA. Meanwhile, more and more members are not giving any type of information about themselves. I guess that is the age of participating anonymously but it almost makes me less willing to offer much. Why are people so unwilling to let us know about who they are?

Marcia

I hope to see this at NCECA. Meanwhile, more and more members are not giving any type of information about themselves. I guess that is the age of participating anonymously but it almost makes me less willing to offer much. Why are people so unwilling to let us know about who they are?

Marcia

A name, a little info, and a picture or two of your work gives what you say here weight. Anybody can spew out words but why would anyone here care what you have to say if you're not polite enough to introduce yourself.

Jim

Archived