Paragon A99B kiln

SierraRed18

You would need to test the elements and make sure that they are able to reach the Cone you want to fire at.  I have tested my own kilns that have glowing red elements only to find that they are not getting hot enough.  They may look good but are actually worn out  and needs replaced,  check costs on those elements.   Is the top brick edge of the kiln broken up?  If it is  I would only use it as a bisque kiln.  little sandy piece of brick would fall onto your glazed pots and ruin them.  Rebuilding a kiln that old could get messy,  my old Paragon could no longer be repaired.  When I took the metal bands off the bricks turned into sand,  good thing I was throwing it away.   Denice

1 hour ago, Denice said:

You would need to test the elements and make sure that they are able to reach the Cone you want to fire at.  I have tested my own kilns that have glowing red elements only to find that they are not getting hot enough.  They may look good but are actually worn out  and needs replaced,  check costs on those elements.   Is the top brick edge of the kiln broken up?  If it is  I would only use it as a bisque kiln.  little sandy piece of brick would fall onto your glazed pots and ruin them.  Rebuilding a kiln that old could get messy,  my old Paragon could no longer be repaired.  When I took the metal bands off the bricks turned into sand,  good thing I was throwing it away.   Denice

How do you test the elements? 

I wouldn't buy it. Judging by the external jumper wires all the wiring is very old and will need replacing. The top row of bricks are very beat up, and there are probably a lot of broken element grooves that aren't visible in the photos. It'd be a fair bit of work to make the necessary repairs and upgrades.