Duncan kiln box repair

HI i have recently brought a duncan kiln and im looking for a new control box as the one on it is damaged. I’m wanting to buy the myc-5 kin controller. Does anyone know if this controller will work with an older model Duncan ? And does anyone have the wiring diagram for the control cables? 

Thank you :)

What specifically is damaged on the Duncan?

It looks like the MYC-5 controller is made to be used on a specific model of kiln. The Duncan box is not made to house any of the hardware needed for a digital controller. You need a wall mounted control box that has the controller and all the supporting hardware (relays, transformer, etc) that you can just plug your kiln into. For example, the Skutt KM-1:

km_wall_installed.jpg.ac1e9d048a5ba1ea454fedb0824ab11c.jpg

I don't know if this is available where you are, but this type of system is what you need. The control box plugs into the wall outlet, the kiln plugs into the control box. You put all the switches on high and let the controller cycle the elements. No rewiring of the control box is needed.

8 hours ago, Alex147 said:

And does anyone have the wiring diagram for the control cables? 

What country are you located in?

What model is your Duncan?

If it's any help here is a wiring diagram for the Skutt KM-1
https://skutt.com/pdf/service_manual/12-7_km-1.pdf
The only connections to the kiln seem to be a mains socket on the KM-1 and a thermocouple.

... there is a description at
https://skutt.com/ceramic-kilns/kiln-accessories/km-1-wall-mounted-controller/

Hi I’ve attached photos of my kiln below.  I’m located in New Zealand so we don’t have a lot of kilns here for a reasonable price. The control box got damaged when the lady I brought it off shipped it to her house so she had a seperate controller for it but I can’t get in touch with her. so they took everything out of the control box and glued the knobs as u can’t twist the knobs on it for the timer or safety switch. 

IMG_0243.jpeg

IMG_0244.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Alex147 said:

so they took everything out of the control box and glued the knobs as u can’t twist the knobs on it for the timer or safety switch. 

Interesting, the good news is a new sitter and infinite switch might be all that is needed. Can you take a picture of the remaining inside wiring? Some of these models contained semi automatic parts which generally have failed over time. Still, the remedy is often 2 infinite switches so not super costly.  Good pictures likely tells the story best.