Help Please

Hello All,

I'm new to this firing business but I'm not sure my Blue-diamond Tru-mat- tic was supposed to reach ^06 in a matter of only 4.5 hours. is this even possible? It's a relatively small kiln and was a small "loose" load. I needed to fire under-full to meet a deadline. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated...

thanks

Mo

So it didn't reach temp? Took longer? What exactly happened? Did the cone shut it off? 4.5 hours is quite possible, especially in a small kiln.

The ^ in the sitter bent enough for it to shut down, I don't have a digital read for temp so I'm merely hoping that it indeed did reach temp. I know that's probably not the best approach and I am still waiting for Blue diamond to get back to be about a thermometer for that kiln. Thanks for the feed back it is very much appreciated.

If the cone bent, you're good to go, unless something odd happened that knocked the cone out, but that's very very unlikely. I wouldn't fret. My L&L e18T-3 (18 x 27 inches) kiln can get to 04 in just over 4 hours.

I only use my kiln setter to fire. You'll be ok.

If the cone bent, you're good to go, unless something odd happened that knocked the cone out, but that's very very unlikely. I wouldn't fret. My L&L e18T-3 (18 x 27 inches) kiln can get to 04 in just over 4 hours.

Thanks! very happy to hear that and appreciate the info....

Mo

I only use my kiln setter to fire. You'll be ok.

Thanks for the feedback, its very much appreciated. :0)

Archived