Advice needed: Phil of bison tools

Yup, I think that is what is happening to me too. So far it’s all been nice I will say but, big but. I had contact with him last week again on messenger and he “found my order” was having medical issues etc but feeling much better now and will get my tools out on Monday (this was a week or so ago). I am not holding my breath. I too feel for him and whatever he is going through but at the same time this is beyond that now. 

On top of ALL that on his Facebook he just posted recently about reopening his Etsy shop vs alternatives advice like Shopify etc. I have no idea what to think anymore but let’s just say I would be jaw dropped if the tools or a refund are ever coming my way. If he can’t fulfill orders or is not in the right physical shape to do so why would he even consider opening up new orders or avenues? 

• 1 month later...

@KarenL, Morgan hasn't been logged onto the forum since mid June, I'm sure she'll see your post but just in case you could send her a PM. Just click on her name or avatar then the little envelope at the top of the screen and follow the prompts. 

Welcome to the forum.

16 hours ago, KarenL said:

Any updates on the slow orders?

Hey Karen sorry for the delay been a busy summer! No updates or packages showing up let’s just say. I will say Phil contacted me in early June saying how sorry he was and offered an extra tool.  It’s much appreciated, but honestly until they show up I have my doubts. I will keep this thread updated for sure.

ps - I am one of those rare male Morgan’s :)

Hey fellow potters,

I just found this thread. I am in the same boat as you! I ordered and paid for my tools in 2021 and have not received anything in the mail. Phil went completely radio silent for about a year and a half after I paid, and now every month or so since the year started, he sends me a message saying “your order is done just a few things to tidy up. My printer is broken and I can’t print out shipping labels, can you send me what you would ordered again so I can double check to make sure I have it right can you send me your address again blah blah blah”

I’m totally done with this game of ring around the Rosie. Phil may have been able to make and sell a product and follow through on shipping in the past. But I’ve heard a lot of rumors about him getting in some crazy accident and almost dying and there’s a lot of speculation from other people that he may be addicted to pain meds or may have hit his head too hard in the accident and he’s just a completely different person now. I also heard the rumor that he died and somebody is impersonating him. Regardless, he needs to stop trying to run a business because at this point he’s breaking the law. He’s committing fraud over and over and over. He contacted me Friday saying that regardless of his broken printer he would ship my tools on Saturday 7/13/24 if I would just send him my email address and home address and tool order one more time. I told him that I had already given those to him a few times and he has them and that if I did not get shipping confirmation by the 13th of July I wanted a full refund.

not surprising I did not get anything from him that day. I messaged him and told him that if I did not get a refund  by 7/19/2024 I would take legal action against him.

I'm fully expecting him to not follow through yet again. And I’m serious about taking legal action. There’s been a few of us that I’m in contact with who are also ready to do the same. I think that, regardless of whether he has health problems or not, he cannot continue to do business. I really feel bad for him if he does have health problems.  Continue to scam people and commit fraud. I know that he’s a small business operating as a one-man show but so am I. And I personally don’t have the financial overhead to just throw $250 to the wind.

this whole thing is turned into such a mess. And I really do feel for him. I can’t imagine the anxiety that would go along with a situation like this for him. But he needs to do the right thing. 

4 hours ago, Mossmama said:

Hey fellow potters,

I just found this thread. I am in the same boat as you! I ordered and paid for my tools in 2021 and have not received anything in the mail. Phil went completely radio silent for about a year and a half after I paid, and now every month or so since the year started, he sends me a message saying “your order is done just a few things to tidy up. My printer is broken and I can’t print out shipping labels, can you send me what you would ordered again so I can double check to make sure I have it right can you send me your address again blah blah blah”

I’m totally done with this game of ring around the Rosie. Phil may have been able to make and sell a product and follow through on shipping in the past. But I’ve heard a lot of rumors about him getting in some crazy accident and almost dying and there’s a lot of speculation from other people that he may be addicted to pain meds or may have hit his head too hard in the accident and he’s just a completely different person now. I also heard the rumor that he died and somebody is impersonating him. Regardless, he needs to stop trying to run a business because at this point he’s breaking the law. He’s committing fraud over and over and over. He contacted me Friday saying that regardless of his broken printer he would ship my tools on Saturday 7/13/24 if I would just send him my email address and home address and tool order one more time. I told him that I had already given those to him a few times and he has them and that if I did not get shipping confirmation by the 13th of July I wanted a full refund.

not surprising I did not get anything from him that day. I messaged him and told him that if I did not get a refund  by 7/19/2024 I would take legal action against him.

I'm fully expecting him to not follow through yet again. And I’m serious about taking legal action. There’s been a few of us that I’m in contact with who are also ready to do the same. I think that, regardless of whether he has health problems or not, he cannot continue to do business. I really feel bad for him if he does have health problems.  Continue to scam people and commit fraud. I know that he’s a small business operating as a one-man show but so am I. And I personally don’t have the financial overhead to just throw $250 to the wind.

this whole thing is turned into such a mess. And I really do feel for him. I can’t imagine the anxiety that would go along with a situation like this for him. But he needs to do the right thing. 

Anyone livw nearby Phil to drop by and see what goezson.

I think scammer is using this guys details.

Doezs he contact that english potter Florian?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Just found this post! I am in the same boat, but this just happened in July! I emailed him about a tool and he had one. I wanted 2 and he said he would make the second, and send them out to me the next day. I sent him money in paypal then nothing. I have sent 2 follow-up emails with no response. 

I tried the phone number for him listed in this post 702-388-2085 and get a error msg that my call can not be completed as dialed. 

Has anyone tried the phone number recently and were you able to talk to him or leave him a message?

Many thanks!

Patti

About time his sites/ he are reported as scams.

He has had a lot of time to inform folk and stop taking orders OR someone else is stuffing around with his business and getting everyone's dollars, is there a way to report and warn folk off?

On 7/31/2024 at 10:43 PM, Mark C. said:

Not sure if this works anymore

Phil Poburka

702-388-2085

"The # you have dialed is not in service"...So, no, it doesn't work anymore. My guess is that Phil has departed this earth for places unknown and ANY responses that folks are getting are a scam. An internet search will provide a number of sources for carbide tools but, as with Bison, be wary of the source...

His website domain name, bisonstudio.com is up for sale, too...

Edited by JohnnyK
Follow-up info

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Morgan said:

Starting to come around to this theory. Not sure why a scammer would reach out to offer an extra tool from his schematics for the long wait, but alas. 

He's got your money, just playing with you, and you may just tell your friends so they place orders....

• 1 month later...

So yet another update. I want to put to bed any rumors that Phil is not well, deceased, his account has been hacked etc. I spoke with him directly on the phone for over a half hour (yes it was him with zero doubt) and we talked on numerous fronts about his work, being overwhelmed and trying to manage the high influx of orders he got in recent years. 

That does not change or justify waiting year(s) for your order, not getting a refund, but it does clarify that he is doing well and still making. Managing his business for people/customers, expectations, communications etc is another matter, but I thought people should know.

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

So yet another update. I want to put to bed any rumors that Phil is not well, deceased, his account has been hacked etc. I spoke with him directly on the phone for over a half hour (yes it was him with zero doubt) and we talked on numerous fronts about his work, being overwhelmed and trying to manage the high influx of orders he got in recent years. 

That does not change or justify waiting year(s) for your order, not getting a refund, but it does clarify that he is doing well and still making. Managing his business for people/customers, expectations, communications etc is another matter, but I thought people should know.

Did he mention his bird sanctuary?

Certainly a unique individual, thats for sure. A super sweet guy (and feel kind of bad, just a little, hearing his side of this business mess) but funny the totally random tangents he meanders in and out of haha! I even got a picture sent to me of his most recent fav bird friend that rides around with him on his car dashboard, no joke!

10 hours ago, Min said:

You have been very patient Morgan, I really hope you get your order soon.

ha, well, I wouldn't call it patience, I wrote off getting them long ago. If I get them it would be nice though. Frankly, I became more intrigued by all the mythology and internet theories that came about.