Bisque fired too low? Earthenware

ClayCat

Hello!

For clarification I’m using low fire earthenware clay 06 white clay EM330 from laguna clay

I bisque fired yesterday and forgot to raise the hours on the timer for the kiln so it automatically shut off but I opened it this morning and the clay looks pretty vitrified… it does look delicate but is white not grey. I did notice a few had a few spots though! Do you think I should re-bisque?

this order is time sensitive and needs to ship by Friday/tomorrow. Should I just glaze it? Do you think it’ll be okay?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

This is a difficult question to answer, we don't know how long the kiln fired or how hot it got or if your glaze fire will be hotter or cooler than the bisque fire was supposed to be. Given that it's a lowfire talc/ball clay body it shouldn't off gas a huge amount but it's a crap shoot. 

The bisque will absorb glaze more if underfired less if overfired . That the deal. In ceramics every detail is important 

Next fire put some cones in so you know whats going on

If you fire bisque to 06 and you know your glaze application at 06 then its important to go to 06. If you go less or more  temp than glaze application will most likely be a different outcome