The Seasonal Festive Holiday Regift Exchange

TJR

A couple of things have set me off on this topic.

1. I was pretty sure that I came across a recipe for Wirt Shino. I did not know the woman, or that her first name was Judy

2.I was mixing up some tests and came across some wacky glazes in my glaze drawer.

Rules;

1.The glaze must work. Indicate temperature and wether oxidation or reduction

2.Don't make up stuff at this point. This has to be a glaze that you have been given or traded.

3. Shameless name dropping is O.K., as we want to hear the story of where it came from, andwho gave it to you.

I'll start;

Schambinski and Jawalski Special Cone 10 Reduct.

Albany 60

Ger. Bor. 20

Whiting 10

Barium 10

add copper carb3%

Runs like an ash glaze[extremely runny]{green transparent}

This glaze came from my former prof.,Robert Archambeau [schambinski] He is a prof emeritus from the U. of Manitoba school of art.[see Ceramics monthly this issue. I haven't used the glaze in thirty years,but would sub out the Barium.

Another glaze I remember from when I was at Alfred is from Mary Jo Bole

It is called; "Greeny Gloopy Gloppy, Greeny", and is a low fire glaze that is greeny and gloppy.

Your turn!

Greetings of the season from Tom Roberts[TJR].HO!,HO!,HO!.:Dsrc="http://ceramicartsdaily.org/community/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif">

Lamb's Fat glaze.

I had the recipe twice, both times from Ceramics Monthly over thirty five years ago. The current CM staff has no idea about it. There was a color photo in an issue showing the thick nature of the glaze. It was thick, white, high gloss and translucent; it was just beautiful. I am sure it was in one of the indices, but alas I have lost it. I think it has a high boron content or magnesium content but I can't remember. I just remember the name. Sorry, I cannot give firing info but it is a real glaze, really it is. So, if anyone has the recipe please post it.

Lamb's Fat glaze.

I had the recipe twice, both times from Ceramics Monthly over thirty five years ago. The current CM staff has no idea about it. There was a color photo in an issue showing the thick nature of the glaze. It was thick, white, high gloss and translucent; it was just beautiful. I am sure it was in one of the indices, but alas I have lost it. I think it has a high boron content or magnesium content but I can't remember. I just remember the name. Sorry, I cannot give firing info but it is a real glaze, really it is. So, if anyone has the recipe please post it.

Lucille;

I think I might have seen it. It Was a stoneware glaze,correct?I am sure someone will post it.Thanks for responding to my post! There are some great names and glazes out there. Lets keep it going!

Tom[TJR]

Archived