Never happened in 50 years= lightning strikes same spot twice

Ok if you read my post on buying back over $3500 new unused pottery from a horders estate sale for $450 then you know how starnge and rare that might be.

well lighning strikes again on that front

Today the day after Christmas at 4 pm I was bookkeeping on the desktop on a very rainy windy day. The phone rings and its the estate sale guy from 3 weeks ago. They found three more large boxes of my pottery and they need to get it gone. He says $100 for it all and you have to pick it up today. I had sanitized/reorganized my van on the only dry day Xmas afterr stuffing it full from taking xmas booth down xmas eve. I Jumped in and drove the 35 minutes back to that house. Last time it was jambed full-this time thay has a box moving trck and all that was left in the whole house was my pottery that they just found in 3 boxed in a hidden space in large kitchen under a counter back water area.  My guess is 1-2 k worth of stuff.I'll go thru it in a few days. Just like last time all new all still with sales tags on bottoms. I found out that this person bought my pots wrapped them and boxed them and put them away like xmas ornaments -all 5 k worth. She may have been my best customer-well its a toss up as another from the east coast who runs a private jet rental service may have her beat ? Hard to say as she bought dinnerware sets and lots of st=uff over time where as this lady bought it all in 3 years from one organic market before I quit them.

When I left the house a hour ago it was 100% empty of all contents-I drove home in disbelieve as Santa Extended xmas one more day at least to me

Merry xmas and Happy Holidays from Linda and Mark

IMG_5753.jpeg

Edited by Mark C.

Wow-I used to work w/some horders when I worked in the behavioral health services system, but none of them  had the money to do their thing on a scale as you describe! And mostly they stacked up and stashed away inexpensive things, lots of true junk, including things that deteriorate-even rot-over time, not lots of truly usable objects with some real value. The hording of people with the economic means to buy your work in bulk is kind of interesting.  I wonder if those persons perhaps ever had a plan/intention (delusion) for "some day" doing something with the pottery, like dreaming of their own retail business but never getting to it???

She was to old for any of that Lee-her Husband had passed a few years ago they said. It made her feel good. She had money and I think of as a illness of sorts. But whatever makes you feel good -no harm to others just stuffed the house. It looks like she wrapped it all as soon as it got home and when a box was full she stashed it away like a squirrel.

Edited by Mark C.

Could just be a lifetime of accumulation, rather than a hoarding situation. My grandparents were raised in the depression, and didn’t throw anything out that could be used or reused. They had a certain amount of disposable income to buy things they wanted, in part because they often did reuse a lot of those things. Cleaning their house out after they passed took months, because we had to sort through what was useful and what wasn’t.

(Could just be a lifetime of accumulation,) nope its all from the same co-op market-I was there for about 3+ years.And I pulled out over a year ago so its all work from that short period. Remember all pots have the original stickers on them-never used. Very clean (not dusty) all  where wrapped in large boxes then put away.

Edited by Mark C.