Brent wheelhead removal trouble

Hey y’all! Last year I got an older Brent Model C wheel. It has ran really well, but there’s a humming when it runs and after watching Brent’s fix it video I’ve diagnosed it as needing new bearings.

I’ve read every thread I can find that relates to this topic, but I can’t find one on how to get it off. I’ve removed the belt, the flange’s screws are loose, and I removed the square headed stop screw that’s on the pulley but the pulley won’t come loose and it’s preventing me from removing the wheelhead. I sprayed some PB blaster but it still won’t budge. Any one have any tips? I’ll post pictures of the pulley and also the controller.

Also I Know the wheelheads are all one piece so you can’t replace the bearings yourself, but I’m going to stop by a great local small motor repair and ask if they could figure it out. TIA!!

IMG_5693.JPG

IMG_5694.jpg

I (finally) went and rented a gear puller from auto zone, took me all of about 2 minutes to get it off! I couldn't get the key out first, but it didn't seem to give me any issues. Maybe the PB Blaster I sprayed the other day helped loosen it up, but it definitely seemed like it hadn't been taken off since it was assembled. Thanks for your help gents. I'll be taking the wheelhead to my small motor repair guys in the morning. Hoping they can replace them! Thanks again y'all :D

When you put it back dress the shaft and inside of the pulley (600 grit wet or dry) so it simply slides on. Install the pulley to the right depth by hand and install the key last. To remove, drive the pulley forward until you can remove the key by hand, then slide off the pulley usually by hand. If you coat the shaft with some light oil / grease it ought not get stuck the next time. 

yeas on the 600 grit fromn the auto store. Those pulley never need to come off but every 30 years or so. As Bill Noted make sure you grease the shaft before assembly and get the pulley in the right spot so belt is running level and true. This may take an few adjustments.