Syracuse China Bisque

Someone gave me an old box of bisque Syracuse China plates. Has anyone tried glazing them?  All my glazes are  ∆ 5-6. I'm trying to decide if they're even worth messing with. Thought they could be nice for my non potter friends to play with in the studio. 

"Syracuse China was bisque-fired to Cone 12, a ceramics term for "extremely hot." Cone 12 ranges from 2,200-2,400 degrees."

I found this article on them:
https://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/2015/05/syracuse_china_glazing_tips_for_beginners.html

That was interesting about the Syracuse china.  Maybe you could try one plate, with cone 5/6 glaze, place cookies or wasters under it, and just see what happens?   

I have a few pieces of Duncan bisqueware that I was going to do that with.  But when I looked it up, that bisque ware is low fire.  I don't have any low fire glazes,  so they are still sitting in a box.  

Could be a fun experiment?

Roberta

8 hours ago, eemilyy said:

Syracuse China was bisque-fired to Cone 12, a ceramics term for "extremely hot." Cone 12 ranges from 2,200-2,400 degrees."

Not entirely uncommon to fully fire commercial wares to get rid of any failures then lowfire glaze the survivors.. Many lowfire glazes have tested as or more durable than high fire. As long as you can spray apply or just apply the glaze evenly, these could be super nice plates when finished.