Museum Gifts , Their Cheap Prices And Secret Behind Them

Hi ,

I am an archaeologist and educated on 5000 years old ceramics. But I dont know anything about mass production of Gustav Klimt or Alphonse Mucha museum gifts making techniques including the decoration of mugs with golden color ornaments.

In photography or prepress , some of the original colored art pieces are hard to photograph , print or scan.

Photographers dives in to alternative processes and spend hundreds of dollars to create their gold , platin , palladium chemistry.

May be it is time to investigate ceramic art and carry the chemistry and techniques to photography.

Can you tell me how museums produce big ceramic Klimt Kiss sculptures with lots of excellent colors and sell for 40 dollars.

What is the secret behind it ?

Thank you ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

post-2309-12786965306657_thumb.jpg

post-2309-12786965306657_thumb.jpg

Dear Sir: I don't know how they do it, but if I was going to give it a try I would try multi-color process photo-serigraphy using an ink which is also an enamel, unless the design is merely applied to the surface with non-ceramic techniques.

h a n s e n

Guest JBaymore

Likely manufactured in China. Artificially low (due to currency control) materials and labor costs. Highly skilled ceramic production background.

best,

...............john

• 1 year later...

Archived