Toshi Porcelain Casting Body

yedrow

I got 200 lb. of this with some other materials. Anyone have any suggestions on what can be done with it?

Joel.

Make a few molds-

donate it to a clay center

Give it to a ceramic supply place

Or another potter who slips stuff

make some relief xmas ornaments and pour them

Use it to slip over stoneware pots for porcelain look (test 1st)

All I got for now.

Mark

Make a few molds-

donate it to a clay center

Give it to a ceramic supply place

Or another potter who slips stuff

make some relief xmas ornaments and pour them

Use it to slip over stoneware pots for porcelain look (test 1st)

All I got for now.

Mark

Wow, thanks Mark, that was very helpful. Now that you mention it I know a woman who does some slip casting. And, I've been expanding into slip deco on my pieces. I'm excited now to think of experimenting with it. I'm betting it was intended for cone 10 work, so if I mix some batches up with increasing amounts of CaCo I might find a good spot. I was locked into its use for slip casting and the fact that I don't do it, or its use in a glaze recipe. I'm feeling pretty silly, lol. Thanks again.

Joel.

Is it slip or powder? If it is slip you can also pour it onto a plaster surface, let it dry out a bit, wedge it up, and see how it works for modelling. It might surprise you. If you have any press molds try it. One surprise might be very little warping. Casting very thin presses are possible. One thing about pressing slip clay is the lack of drag that you can experience by pressing the clay rather than pouring. If it is powder try mixing it up with a little water to modelling consistency. I had a lot of fun sculpting with casting slip, pressing, and rolling out small slabs. It was pretty cool.

Mark,

This is in Laguna bags. You know, I perhaps should just email them and see what uses this stuff can be put to.

Lucilla,

It's powdered so I'll have to figure out what "press molding consistency is." Any press molding I've done has simply used moist clay.

Thanks!

Joel.

Lucilla,

It's powdered so I'll have to figure out what "press molding consistency is." Any press molding I've done has simply used moist clay.

Thanks!

Joel.

The consistency would be the same as any moist clay. You treat it the same way.

Thanks again Lucilla!

Joel.

laguna-whitebanner50h.jpg

S‑829G

Toshi Porcelain Liquid Casting Slip

certified-nontoxic.gifA smooth, white porcelain Cone 10 body which has been formulated for slip casting. Can be cast in all standard molds. Fires white in oxidation and eggshell in reduction firing. Also available as dry blended slip.

CharacteristicsCone:10Fire ColorOxidation:WhiteReduction:EggshellAvg. Shrinkage 2±%12%Avg. Water Absorption 1±%0%

Its the same in a dry slip form

pMark

Archived