Sign in to follow this  
Rainyday

Need help Identifying-pricing a item?

Hi all, I am new here as you can see. Part time I buy and sell vintage and antique collectables. I was out treasure hunting today and came across this ceramic shoe, I thought it was cool so I picked it up. Ceramics are a little outside my realm so I have two questions, First it is unmarked so I was wondering if anyone recognizes the maker and Two what would be a fare price to resell it at? The shoe measues about 10inches long x about 4inches tall. Thanks in advance, and sorry of this is the wrong section of the forum to post this question.

post-15063-134713152015_thumb.jpg

post-15063-13471315528_thumb.jpg

post-15063-134713158949_thumb.jpg

post-15063-134713161396_thumb.jpg

post-15063-134713152015_thumb.jpg

post-15063-13471315528_thumb.jpg

post-15063-134713158949_thumb.jpg

post-15063-134713161396_thumb.jpg

To me it looks like a school project-I have seen many ceramic shoes come out of schools as art programs have shifted to ceramic art vs functional wares.

This is an item I feel that appeals only to the right person and for value its in the eye of the beholder.

Mark

Rainyday;

No offense, but there is no value here. Marc is being kind. This was an amateur art project. Glaze has run-applied too thick, or piece was overfired.

Sorry about that.

TJR.

I like it, bowling shoe details, the dripping looks like oil which could be a statement about how many products these days are made from petroleum and the ugly goopy mess that really is.

Guess art is in the eye of the beholder. Honestly I think most of Warhol's stuff is pretty crappy, but what do I know :D