Imerys dry clay & slip casting

Hi, I have been useing Laguna dry clay to creat slip. I mix 10 liters water, 1 ounce sodium silicate and 10 gramms soda ash per bag to get the correct weight and pouring consistancy. 

Due to material shortages I sourced Imerys ceramic clay 24.7Kg bags (no other information on the bag). Problem being that the mix of ingeradents that I have used for Laguna is not working, the quantity of water sodium etc is way off and I have ended up over deflocutating the mix.

Can anyone who has mixed this clay please advise what quantities of water etc they use per bag?

Just to clarify, the Laguna product you used previously was a dry mix casting slip that you added sodium silicate + soda ash to. Is the Imreys product a casting slip or ?  Have you contacted your supplier and asked for more info on what the Imreys product contains? Is it just clay or dry casting slip?

Im going to edit your thread title to include slip casting.

Welcome to the forum.

• Min changed the title to Imerys dry clay & slip casting

Hi the supplier I purchased the Imerys from when asked told me it was for casting slip. They call it OM-4 ball clay and can not provied any additional information,

Have contacted the local Imerys people who said as it was manufactured in the USA they could not provide any information.

Archived