I’ve been using Mailchimp for many years, and don’t recall seeing an option to delete an old campaign. Not sure why you would need to? Maybe they can be deleted if they haven’t been sent out yet? 

I’m pretty bummed that Mailchimp just got bought by Intuit. I always saw Mailchimp as an honorable company, and Intuit as unnecessarily greedy. I won’t be surprised if the free tier of Mailchimp goes away. 

In the event that it does, I’ve been considering whether paying a small amount to use the service every month would inspire me to use it more frequently. I think one of the reasons I don’t send a newsletter once a month is that it’s free for me not to. 

Mea, if the free version does go away, do you think you’d consider using another provider?

I’d probably stick with Mailchimp, because the other options aren’t free either. 

Edit to add:

In somewhat related news, GoDaddy has stopped providing a free email address with a domain name. They stopped including an email address with new domains bought within the last few years, but my domains were bought many years ago, so I had them. But not as of the end of this year. I have to start paying for them if I want to to keep them. It feels like extortion. I looked around but nobody else is providing a free email anymore.  I remember a few years ago when I was having some issues with my email accounts, I wished I had just used gmail addresses from the beginning of my business. So much simpler. Now I really wish I had done that. 

Edited by GEP

In recent years, Weebly made it impossible to have a custom domain without purchasing it through them. These service providers are all on the same path it seems, where they try to trap users into consolidating all of their services. 

Mailchimp will go down the same path, now that it is owned by Intuit. Intuit wants us to consolidate our email marketing, online stores, payment processing, and accounting/bookkeeping under their roof. 

This is another good reason to stick to real world art fairs, rather than doing all of your business online. 

I'm using the free version of Mailchimp.  However, with a bit more testing it appears this may be a browser issue.  When I use Chrome, it works as I stated, but if I use Edge I do not get the check box.  I've not tried any other browsers.  

The version of Chrome I'm using is Version 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit).

The version of Edge I'm using is Version 95.0.1020.30 (Official build) (64-bit)

Edited by Piedmont Pottery

21 hours ago, Piedmont Pottery said:

The version of Chrome I'm using is Version 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit).

The version of Edge I'm using is Version 95.0.1020.30 (Official build) (64-bit)

I'm using the same version of Chrome and sadly the check box does't show

Here's how to delete old/unwanted campaigns:

Reduce the page size on windows by holding the Ctrl key and tapping on the minus key (-) which will make everything on the screen smaller and will cause a box to the left appear when you hover over the campaign's title.  Ctrl + will make the screen larger again if you don't see a reset option.