Is this a misprint?

Babs

Glazy gives you prompts when typing a recipe in. I just tried it using "Red" and the options that came up were Red Iron Oxide, Red Clay, Redart and Newman Red Clay. I then tried typing in Red Copper Oxide and the prompt/option that came up was Black Copper Oxide. There is an info page for Red Copper Oxide on Glazy though.

Lots of versions of this glaze, I've never seen one that uses any form of copper, it's always iron so my thought is it should be Red Iron Oxide.

8 hours ago, Min said:

Glazy gives you prompts when typing a recipe in. I just tried it using "Red" and the options that came up were Red Iron Oxide, Red Clay, Redart and Newman Red Clay. I then tried typing in Red Copper Oxide and the prompt/option that came up was Black Copper Oxide. There is an info page for Red Copper Oxide on Glazy though.

Lots of versions of this glaze, I've never seen one that uses any form of copper, it's always iron so my thought is it should be Red Iron Oxide.

Had an old lady friend years ago. I think she delighted in leaving an ingredient out when sharing glaze recioes, or giving wrong ingredient. Bit like the great aunt's chicken soup recipe!!!

Edited by Babs

I think it is a mistaken typo during the input process, as Min suggests. If you look it up on Glazy, it is labeled as part of the Iron search. If it matters, she is part of the Facebook group on ceramic recipes, and I could reach out to her there to confirm.

13 hours ago, Dick White said:

I think it is a mistaken typo during the input process, as Min suggests. If you look it up on Glazy, it is labeled as part of the Iron search. If it matters, she is part of the Facebook group on ceramic recipes, and I could reach out to her there to confirm.

Doesn't matter to me Dick. I guess if person searching isnt thinking  the typo may make  that person waste materials. Auto prompts can be v annoying.