Repairing hairline crack

Depending on color I use two part epoxy called JB weld-its at any hardware store. The quick set in 5 minutes is more thick the regular is very thin to get into small cracks. It dries somewhat black but if you cut the surface off with a razor blade its light grey. It very strong.

If you want clear than the locktite is best

8 hours ago, Mark C. said:

Depending on color I use two part epoxy called JB weld-its at any hardware store. The quick set in 5 minutes is more thick the regular is very thin to get into small cracks. It dries somewhat black but if you cut the surface off with a razor blade its light grey. It very strong.

If you want clear than the locktite is 

Thank you for responding! it is a matte white glaze on speckled clay. 

We're assuming it's not a kitchenware piece.  I wouldn't want a crack on the rim of a mug, for instance.

I'm liking the products from Starbond.  They're like super glue, but come in varying thicknesses and colors.  They also have an accelerant to speed curing.  For a hairline crack, you'd be looking at something that would wick into the crack.

I've used a lot of JB Weld's products.  They have a variety called Wood Weld that is almost the color of reduced Soldate 60, say a middle clay color.  Regular JB Weld is dark gray and difficult to color.  A lighter epoxy can be easily colored to match.  Epoxy is best when you're filling a gap.